Minor changes were made to the rules (technical reference guide) for clarification and validation testing. Includes update to LED indicator.
- Section 14 – Indicator lights are not required when the E-Stop is ON (open).
June 12th – The following changes were made to the Technical reference guide.
- Section 9.a – Switched throttle connector gender to avoid accidental damage due to misconnection (poka-yoke)
- Section 14 – Clarified E-Stop Off (closed) vs On (open) description. Eliminated mode c
- Section 15 – Fuse model specified
- Section 17 – Temperature protection will not be evaluated
- Section 23.d – Free Acceleration test is now pass/fail and must achieve 2400rpm in 2 seconds
- Section 23.e – A 2 min rest period is permitted between each throttle command set (1.5V, 2V, 3V, 4V)
Hello IFEC 2019 Teams,
We are placed to announce the final competition evaluation criteria. We are excited to include a few fun twists to “gamify” the scoring system including:
- Spec sheets (2 page max) and elevator pitches
- Nonlinear point scale
- Second attempts allowed but incur point pentalties
- Team queue order is based on rank
IFEC19 Final Comp Evaluation 20190429
This draft document will be formalized after a 5 day comment period.
Kyle and Giri
THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN.
The technical reference document has been updated, see the change log below.
We are working on the progress report grading. Results will be released soon. Thank you for your patience.
- Motor phase current increased to 30Arms
- All cables can be unshielded
- Throttle Command table updated (Voltage vs RMS Phase Current) and includes error limits. Added Wide Open Throttle (WOT) command for 4.5V.
- Motor external fuse increased to 50A
- Maximum continuous battery current of 12A and 15A peak current (definitions include filter settings)
- Added brake disable input
- Dynamometer speed controlled with Constant Voltage (CV) load
- Basic Operation Test added for the Brake State
- Drive Cycle Test updated
- Full Load Test Updated
- Field Test on actual bicycle is defined
There is no limit on the undergraduate students in a team.