E-Drive for a Bicycle
IFEC is an international student competition for innovation, conservation, and effective use of electrical energy, which is open to college and university student teams from recognized undergraduate engineering programs in any location.
There will be a Grand Prize of $10,000 and three additional awards granted at $5,000, $3,000 and $1,000 each. Competition will include design aspects, dynamometer testing and riding on race-track.
- Input: 48V dc nominal from specified 9Ah battery pack.
- Output: 3-phase BLDC motor drive; Vout: 36V; Pout: 500W; variable speed.
- Power Density: >1.5 W/cm3 without fan.
- Converter temperature rise < 40°C with 500W @ 25°C Ambient Temperature.
- Judgment criteria will include energy consumption for a typical drive cycles.
Final Competition Location:
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Please find the following links to video presentations of IFEC 2019 events here and here. Some more news items here and here.August 24, 2019
The thrill of victory. The agony of defeat. Sunny Wisconsin morning air charged with the spirit of international competition. Electrically charged, that is. On July 31, 2019, the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering hosted students from around the world for the 2019 International Future Energy Challenge.August 24, 2019
Final awards of the IFEC 2019 are as follows: Grand Prize: H-Bridges, University of Belgrade, Serbia Performance award: NoRocketScience, Stuttgart, Germany Innovation award: National Ilan University, Taiwan Ingenuity award: Utah State University, USA Finalists awards: …August 2, 2019
- More News posts