E-Drive for a Bicycle
IFEC is an international student competition for innovation, conservation, and effective use of electrical energy, which is open to college and university student teams from recognized undergraduate engineering programs in any location.
There will be a Grand Prize of $10,000 and three additional awards granted at $5,000, $3,000 and $1,000 each. Competition will include design aspects, dynamometer testing and riding on race-track.
- Input: 48V dc nominal from specified 9Ah battery pack.
- Output: 3-phase BLDC motor drive; Vout: 36V; Pout: 500W; variable speed.
- Power Density: >1.5 W/cm3 without fan.
- Converter temperature rise < 40°C with 500W @ 25°C Ambient Temperature.
- Judgment criteria will include energy consumption for a typical drive cycles.
Final Competition Location:
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Deadlines and Proposal Submission Email Address:
- Workshop at ECCE 2018 September 25, 2018
- Letter of Intent Deadline November 2, 2018
- Proposal Deadline November 16, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance December 21, 2018
- Workshop at APEC 2019 March 17, 2019
- Notification of Finalist April 15, 2019
- Final Competition July 29-31, 2019
Apr. 8th 2019
Final Round Competition Teams for IFEC 2019 Announced!